Monday, November 12, 2012

A Dylusional Weekend

Hello!

What an amazing weekend! I've spent another weekend taking classes at The Queens Ink, and this time we were so lucky to have Dyan Reaveley back again!  Time with Dyan is always entertaining, I always learn something new, and take away something I can apply directly to my art.

The best part of Saturday is that my niece, Lauren, came with me!  She's 15 and has always loved making art, so I new she would love Dyan!  We had a fabulous day together!

Saturday we took the holiday tag book, which is, of course, a mini book made entirely from tags!  I love when the name tells you what it is.... :)  So with some inking, stamping, folding and stitching ... voila!


What a vibrant, happy book! I love fanning out the pages of colorful books - makes me happy!


We used 3 sizes of Ranger manila tags.  #8, and the new #10 and #12.  The more I work with the bigger tags the more I love them!  The #8's are starting to seem tiny!


We did some cut outs using the new Christmas stencils.  Just trace them and cut out with an exact-o knife.   There's still a lot of decorating and embellishing to do... here's one section of the book all fanned out.  Love the graduated layers of tags as pages.


Dyan with Lauren - HAPPY!!


On Sunday, I took the art journaling class.  We each got a brand new, never inked Dylusions art journal - SWEET!  I'm lucky to have TWO of them now!  If you haven't gotten yours yet, you better act fast because we learned they have sold so fast they're almost out!  I'm just sayin'.... :) 

We started by getting over the whole feeling of "Ooooh, my journal is so pretty and perfect, I don't want to ruin it by inking it up."  We sprayed ink, tore out pages, sprayed on our neighbors pages!  There... can't ruin it!  Then it was time to start playing, creating lots of backgrounds for future pages, cleaning up our stencils on other pages, and doing some collage using great high fashion images, courtesy of Dyan.    Here's some of my pages... (WARNING: there is some nudity in the last page - apparently, high fashion sometimes = some nudity.  Just wanted to forewarn those who may be offended.)










Once again... an awesome weekend!  Thanks to Dyan for always making us believe we are artists.  It's a real gift!  Hope your week is off to a good start.

~ ellen.

7 comments:

Michelle Webb said...

Awesome Ellen, the tag book is brilliant. I love that idea. Being in Dyan's company just makes you feel happy inside, I love it. She certainly brings out the best in you. Michelle x

Kaz said...

Oooo fabulous makes and what a gorgeous niece you have xxx big hugs xxx

Unknown said...

That is so cool! I really need to take one of her classes! I love her use of color and abstract figures. Kind of warped, like my mind most of the time any more! I am beginning to think outside of the box--this could be very dangerous. Glad Lauren had a good time. You would not believe how many gals at the Grove knew Queen's Ink! Small world.

Anita Houston said...

I peaked before I read...SHOCK! LOL! Love Dyan...love here goods! This little book is fabby!!!

Marjie Kemper said...

Looks like a wonderful day with Dyan and Lauren. I can see you had a great time in your journal!

Kirsten Alicia Sheridan said...

Completely gorgeous!!!

Carol Gibson said...

What great projects. I'm taking classes
from Dyan next weekend. I am so excited.