Monday, November 5, 2012

Another Painted Map Page

Hello everyone and Happy Monday!

Did another painted map page in my ledger journal, using golden fluid acrylics, Stabilo ALL pencil, and white sharpie paint pen.


I painted each layer of the flower, starting with the lightest shade and working to the darkest shade.  This time I let each color drip down the page. 


I outlined each flower with a Stabilo all pencil and went over it lightly with a water brush to blend, then added more detailing using dots and lines with a white paint pen.  Then I added some shading with the Stabilo all pencil, using lots of water to blend it out, creating shadows.


Added a black border with white faux stitching to frame the page.  I used my new initial stamp at the bottom.  Here's a close up on one of the flowers which shows all the painty layers. I love the translucency of the golden fluid acrylics.


Hope you have a great week!

~ ellen.

4 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

love love lovettty love... cool page to work on too ;o)) xx

Ellie Knol said...

GORGEOUS, gorgeous, most pretty! LOVE this second one, more to come? Seeing forward to it!

Moose Ridge said...

love it!!!

Marjie Kemper said...

This is just totally and utterly fabulous, Ellen. Where is the *love* button? Sorry so long between visits... so glad to come round and have a look!