Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Circle of Life - Ledger Journal Page

Hello!

Before my Dylusional weekend I did some pages in my ledger journal - here's one of them...


I wanted to try a glossy accents resist, so I scribbled all over the page with glossy accents, let it dry, and then sprayed over it with Dylusions ink sprays.   It didn't resist as much as I'd hoped - the inks bled underneath, but it's another layer of texture in the background, and that's *never* a bad thing.


I sprayed a Dylusions border through a stencil and accented each portion with a white gelly roll pen.  Then I cut a large circle out of a collage page, used it as a mask, a template, and the negative space as a stencil for spraying though.  Then I cut the circle into two pieces for the edges of the page, drawing around each one with the Stabilo-All pencil and blending with a water brush.


Did some stamping with my hand carved alphabet stamps, doing "the circle of life".  I traced around each letter with a white gelly roll pen and added some dotty doodling to each letter. 


Stamped some Dylusions flying birds across the page with jet black archival, and (again) traced around each one with a white gelly roll pen.  I'll have another page for you tomorrow.  Have a great day!

~ ellen.

No comments: