Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Learning to Stop Thinking With Dina Wakley

Hello again,

OMG - I just noticed - this is my 300th blog post. WOW!  How time flies.

I recently had the chance to meet and take classes with Dina Wakley at The Queens Ink.  I've admired Dina's work for a long time, and was so excited to get to know her a little bit.  Her classes were wonderful, and really helped me to STOP thinking too much.  In fact it's one of her rules... Don't Think... Just DO.  It was a little unsettling at first, because I am totally an over-thinker.  The classes were fast paced by design - no time to think!

The first class focused on creating several journal pages on watercolor paper, and then we bound them into a journal at the end.  Here's the results.  Settle in... there are LOTS of pix...





The second class was more journaling, but this time we created one BIG sheet of paper, and then folded it into a book at the end.  I haven't added any journaling yet, but will do that over time.







And the last class was my favorite... a journal built from card board pages and bound with canvas strips.  I've added journaling to some of the pages, but not all of them (yet).










I loved the random-fast-paced-no-time-to-think part of this class best, and will try to challenge myself to keep doing that.  If you ever get a chance to take some classes with Dina - DO IT - you'll love the classes, and her!

~ ellen.

9 comments:

Kaz said...

Your makes look fanfreakintastic !! I so want to get on one of Dinas classes, glad you had a fab time xxx

Kaz x

Helen said...

I am so envious of you and all these classes you get to take! I love your journal too, I think it would have been my favourite class too. Can't wait to see more.

patcrafts said...

I love your journal but all the art work is fantastic and so creative. Dina is a wonderful person and teacher.

Anita Houston said...

Happy 300!!!!
This book is crazy fabulous....so many pages! Lots of work, lots of fun, and lots of color...I love it all! I need to take one of her classes!

betjunroe said...

Congrats Ellen on your 300th blog post! Awesome job on all your journal pages. Looks like you had a lot of fun with Wendy and Dina. I'm inspired now to start my own journal. Looking forward to 300 more blog posts! Bette

Renee said...

Wow! Ellen if this is you not thinking........it's amazing! I've taken some classes with Dina and LOVE her style, she is so much fun. Your pages turned out fantastic.

Marjie Kemper said...

Love taking classes with Dina... can't have a better attitude than hers, as far as I'm concerned! LOVE your gorgeous pages full of rich colors and designs.

Dina said...

Love all of these, so much fun to make art with you!

Deborah said...

I'm so jealous; all the work is fabulous. I am the overthinker from down under (not Australia!).