Friday, November 2, 2012

Ledger Journal - You Can't Take Love for Granted

Good morning!

Here's another ledger page...


The page started with an inky layer of Dylusions ink sprays, followed by Dylusions stencils, Studio 490 stamps, some found stamps for the circles, and some of my hand carved stamps.  I'm challenging myself to use as many of my hand carved stamps as possible.  It's hard to resist using some of my favorites from other designers, but it really makes "my" pages feel like "my" art, which I love.


I couldn't resist  adding some torn maps as a border across the bottom section of the page, and stamped one of Wendy Vecchi's number stamps.


I stamped out the message, from one of my favorite songs by Mary Chapin Carpenter, with my hand carved alphabet set, and outlined with a Sharpie white paint pen. It looked lost on the page so I outlined it and gave it a little 3-D shadow box.


My favorite part of the page is the leafy border, done with a single leaf stamp (hand carved of course), and then colored in with peeled paint distress stain and a water brush,  and outlined with a white gelly roll pen.

Have a great weekend!  I'll be back next week with more pages, and some pix from my classes with Dina Wakley.

~ ellen.

6 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

GORGOEUS.... love that leafy stamp... I thinks I needs to try this carving stamp thing, I have an idea for some ickle critters ;o)) Hope all is good in your world hunny xx

HelenM said...

i love it!!!

caz said...

Certainly has the "wow" factor using your own carved stamps!! Love the color scheme too - all round beautiful page!!

Anita Houston said...

Love this! Love the quote and the vibrant colors!

Buncobuddy said...

Love it!

thekathrynwheel said...

Wow, this is great, and I LOVE your hand-carved stamps :-)