Monday, December 17, 2012

The Power of Positive Journaling - Dylusions Style

Hi everyone,

Sorry it's been so long since my last post.  As I mentioned, my uncle recently passed away and I've just been so busy helping my mom handle all the little details that have to be handled.  It's been overwhelming for sure, but I did manage to get some journaling done, and it helped to put some positive thoughts down...  Here's what I managed to do...

I got off to a bit of a rough start... decided to be brave and try to doodle in hair... EEK... YUK... YIKES... but even though the doodling was a disaster, I decided to just go with it and make the journaling fit the page.  Don't be afraid to try new things!  I do like the swirly doodles in her shirt... and the borders are off-cuts from some gelli arts printing plate prints.


Like I said... YIKES... ugly hair!


All the stress and work of dealing with death has made me really crave a getaway.  I love her hat - reminds me of Indiana Jones' hat.


And here's a few close ups.  I drew the wavy lines with a pencil and then made the letters fit to the waves.



This page doesn't have much in the way of altering or doodling, but I like the journaling around the image and the simple message.  Sometimes we just need to remember to SMILE.


And, last page, like I said... I've been craving a getaway.  This page is a little different - it's got a scraped paint background.  Just cheap acrylic paint and an old gift card, plus some stencils and ink sprays on top.  I altered her hair with a distress marker!


And the good news is I *have* bought a ticket!  I'll be going to CHA for the first time in January, and meeting up with the most awesome group of artists / bloggers / store owners! 
 


I mean really... what a line up... Hels Sheridan, Linda Ledbetter, Candy Colwell, Cheryl Grigsby of Rocky Mountain Memories, and Yvonne Stephens of  She Scrapbooks!  I've got a few tags on display at Cheryl's store - how cool to know my art is in Colorado!  Those of you who follow Hels' blog may recognize this group as the "Airport Girls".  


They all met up for Ranger U at Newark Airport in 2011, and despite massive delays, they waited for every last girl to arrive.  I came in at the END of Ranger U to pick up Hels, but I was graciously granted "honorary airport girl" status.  I can't wait to see them in California in less than a month!


Hope you have a great week.  I don't have a back log of projects to share, so not sure when I'll be back, but rest assured... I'll be escaping to my studio as often as I can!  Now I've got to catch up on Christmas shopping!  Again... YIKES! Who has time for Christmas?  But we did manage to get our tree yesterday... there's hope! 

Take care 'til next time - and thanks for stopping by!

~ ellen.

7 comments:

Helen said...

Fabulous journalling, Ellen. How lucky are you getting to attend CHA and meet Hels (and the others) again.

Martha Richardson said...

Great post & I'm so excited that you're coming to CHA...it is a fabulous experience & I most certainly hope that we can meet up again!

Patti Parrish said...

I'm as green as your pages with envy! So cool that you're going to CHA! I'm sure it will be quite an experience! BTW - I love seeing the more positive posts from you! Hope the bumpy bits are over, at least for now. And I actually love the doodled hair! Hugs!

Marjie Kemper said...

What a treat to pop over and see so many beautiful pages! Love all your writing and especially that last page with the 'she bought her ticket' gal. Very cool! I know what you're talking about re death duties... so sorry for your loss, and that you're in those shoes right now. Hope you can find more time to journal for yourself.

Li'l Pidge said...

Sorry to hear your news, journaling is such a great way to express yourself-and there are no mistakes, just learning experiences.

Glad you have something postitive to look forward to, am green with envy of you attending CHA, looking forward to reading all the blog updates about it.

kyla #50

Caz said...

Love these pages Ellen - I said to Hels yesterday, next year resolution for me is to do more work in a journal rather than just keep making them!! Love your writing style especially!! And I NEED a gelliplate!!
Hugs
xxx

Jeannette said...

Fabolous Journaling,its soo fantastic!!!
Beautiful colors and backruond.
all your journaling its soo amazing!!!

Hugs Jeannette