While Hels was here visiting, we took an evening to delve into my Studio 490 stash! We're both great fans of Wendy Vecchi, and her art, and we were so lucky to be able to visit her several times a day when we were at CHA - what a treat! She really is one of the nicest people ever... :)
We didn't really set out any strict rules, other than we would use a large creative cover as the base and a bird. Hels posted her project a few days ago for her Sunday Stamper Challenge - click HERE to see her project and join in her challenge... Here's mine...
I know it will come as a shock that I had to use some maps in my project (HA!). I covered the art parts binder cover (base), as well as a small scalloped binder cover and the shelf with old maps.
Then I used the large bird from the Birds With Wings art parts set, and covered it with canvas printed with text (Prima - Donna Downey), going around the edges with some black soot distress ink for shading and dimension. Then I started adding art parts to the bird to bring him to life.
I added the large and small wings, painted with traditional tan paint (Claudine Hellmuth), stamped with the new mini chevron background and added a blossom bucket flower.
Then came some layered flowers (Favorite Flowers set) just at the base of his tail, stamped with the lacy fabric background stamp, and added another blossom bucket flower, and a swirly flourish (Potpourri of Parts) as his actual tail, painted with traditional tan and stamped with another new background stamp.
My favorite addition has to be the water spigots (Steampunk Gears and More) as his feet! A quick swipe with a black paint dabber and they're ready to go.
For his "crown" I used a large blossom bucket flower embellishment. I used my finger to apply some jet black archival ink to accent the lacy pattern.
I've always loved the umbrella art part, so had to add one behind the base. I painted it black and then embossed the alpha stamp with white embossing powder.
I used a mini gear (Industrial Chic) for his eye, added the "Air Mail" BB embellie, a Tim Holtz word band, some dice, a domino on the shelf, and went around the entire frame with my black pearl pen (Viva). The final addition was the sentiment to the bottom section...
Hope you liked my project - thanks for stopping by.