Friday, January 11, 2013

Fly... Take Flight... Dylusions Journal Page

It's official! I made it! The day has arrived!  I leave TODAY for CHA!  Have to be at the airport by about 6:30 am... ughhh.... but we live just 15 minutes away, so that's not too bad...

Here's my last finished journal page... how appropriate!  Since I'll be flying all day, I thought this was the perfect page to share.

Once again... scraped paint over Dylusions stencil clean ups.  I must tell you, when I started this page it was, as many would say, a HOT MESS.  So I decided to gesso over the center section to create a frame, and I really like the way it came out.  Rather than trying to make the frame perfectly straight, I just traced around the messiness and I like it even more!


Collaged this image of a bird on a branch into the framed section, with a little fussy measuring the branch fits perfectly in the frame.


Some simple stamping of words with a mini alpha set, Stabilo ALL pencil around each word, and my Montana 15mm black paint marker for the borders at the top and bottom.


Hope you've enjoyed my FULL week of posts!  It's rare these days that I have something to post *every* day!  Thanks for all your support - I really appreciate it!

I'll be posting pix from CHA on Facebook if you want to check them out.  I'm "Ellen Smith Vargo" on Facebook.  And I'll have another post tomorrow for some things I made for my arty friends at CHA.  Have to make sure they've received them before I share!  :)

~ ellen.

7 comments:

inkypinkycraft said...

A great page, love the bird against the colours! Trace x

Helen said...

Wonderful as ever!! I will be sure to look you out on FB. Safe travels.. and as I said to Hels, much much fun at CHA!

Wanda H said...

It's an awesome page!!!

snazzyoriginal said...

Brilliant page, love the frame idea with gesso xx

CJ Long said...

Lovely page!

Dianne said...

Gorgeous page! love the image and color combo...

Susan said...

Wow! Gorgeous, fantastic, absolutely love every single thing about this page!