Another project Hels and I were able to do while she was here was an *IN PERSON* recipe challenge! The best we've ever managed is a 'via skype' session, but this time was the best... sitting right in my studio together crafting away the hours = heaven...
Here's our recipe:
- #10 manila tag
- cut off 2 1/2 " from bottom
- scraped paint technique
- the word "friend"
- book text collage
- tissue stamping collage
- ink spray / stencils
- 3 embellishments of choice lined up in a row
- other decorations of choice
I started by tearing up some book text and collaging it in random places on my tag with Ranger's Glue 'N' Seal - my new favorite collage medium. It's not too thick, it dries quickly, and papers never buckle.
Then I scraped 3 colors of paint all over my #10 tag. I'm using a new paint I discovered through my friend Patti Parrish. It's called Pebeo Studio Acrylic - it's available HERE. I used 3 of their iridescent colors, which give the most luscious shimmer! Makes it tough to photograph, but hey, the price for cool paint, right?
Added a quick spray with crushed grape Dylusions spray and the Dylusions alpha jumble stencil. Just that touch of purple really made those other bright colors *pop*.
Next I chose some cool stamps (bumble bee and numbers by Studio 490, collage stamp segments in bottom section by Dina Wakley) and stamped them using black archival ink onto tissue paper. I also used glue 'n' seal to collage those images down to my tag. Had to be careful going over the Dylusions spray, which is reactive with water.
Added some circles with white gesso and black paint dabber and the lid from one of my sprays. For my embellishments, I chose 3 new washers I picked up at Michael's - aren't they cool? I think they are part of the Industrial Chic line, which I absolutely adore! I also added 3 wire-wrapped stars that I've had in my jewelry stash forever and finally used! I used super glue to adhere them to the tag - worked like a "charm" (hahahaha).
Added some accents with my tiny attacher and a little bumble bee charm. Highlighted the open parts of the bumble bee with a white gelly roll pen - that image was getting a little lost in the busy background, and the white pen helped it stand out. Added some eyelets and attached the top and bottom sections with some black hemp.
Typed the sentiment on my vintage typewriter, cut it out in sections, glued down, and outlined with my Stabilo ALL pencil - I tell ya... I *love* that pencil!
Hope you liked our recipe challenge - hope you get a chance to check out Hels' tag - once again, with the same ingredients we've come up with something completely different! Click HERE to see Hels' tag - gorgeous as always!
Thanks for stopping by!