Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Ledger Journal Pages

Hello again!

Here's a couple pages from my ledger journal.  These two pages were started with stencil mop-ups from prior pages, and I added some scraped paint over the stenciled images, used some Studio 490 embossing paste (black) through a stencil (The Crafters Workshop - Cubist TCW248), added some stamping with my hand carved stamps, and then....

 

the quotes... well really they're poems.  Want to tell you about them... my good friend Terry Quinn created these awesome packs called "Poetic Prompts".  Basically, it's a cellophane bag filled with individual verses.



Here's the trick... you pick out 5 or 6 slips of paper at random, and then arrange them into a poem!  It sounds horrible, but it really works!  The poems on these pages were done using that exact method, and I'm no poet, but I think they're pretty cool!


Of course I had to add some torn maps, because I just *love* maps!


I traced around each stanza with a Stabilo ALL pencil and went over it with a water brush.  Added some doodles and accents with a white gelly roll pen, and voila!


I'll have some more journal pages to share tomorrow!  Til then... only THREE days til I leave for CHA! Woohoo!

~ ellen.


2 comments:

Helen said...

Great idea with the prompts!

Sandra L. said...

Does your friend sell these little packets? I would love to learn more about them.

Great idea!