Tuesday, January 29, 2013

New Dylusions - Day 1 - Under The Sea

Hello!

I am sooo excited!  Last week while I was home with the dreaded winter cough from "you-know-where," my new Dylusions inks, stamps and stencils arrived!  Woohoo!!! Dyan has really out-done herself with these new releases - you will love them! So I managed to get in some art-time between coughing fits (it's INK a cold... starve a fever, right? LOL)  and I've got a whole collection to share!  I'll be sharing one tag a day for the next WEEK!

My first tag was sooo much fun to make!  As soon as I saw the new sea creatures stamp set, I knew I had to try an "Under the Sea" tag, which was perfect since that's the name of the set!


I started with a #12 manila tag from Ranger and 3 of the new ink spray colors: After Midnight, Calypso Teal and Funky Fuchsia - gorgeous!  I mopped up the extra ink with another tag (tune in tomorrow for that one).


Then I added some more ink to the background with the alpha jumble and dotty flower stencils.  With the dots, I sprayed after midnight first in random areas, then I shifted the stencil down slightly from its original position and sprayed the *luscious* new white linen ink spray over top... HELLO!!!? Instant ghosty highlights! I'm in *LOVE* with the white spray... it's a semi-opaque spray which means it will pick up whatever color is behind it and leave a "ghost"... perfect!


Then I stamped the sea grasses stamp across the bottom and colored it in with the new Dirty Martini green ink using my water brush.  I sketched loosely around each leaf and added highlights with a white gelly roll pen.

Then it was time to add some sea creatures... I chose the large jellyfish as my main image, stamping it onto white card stock with jet black archival ink, and colored it in with funky fuchsia.  I stamped the whole jellyfish onto the tag first, and then added the cut out portion of the body and eyes over top so could get a really bright tone.  I added more white gelly roll pen to the tentacles, giving him black and white "legs".  The pictures don't show it well, but then I added a thin layer of glossy accents to the whole body so he is shiny.


The smaller fish were also stamped on white card stock with jet black archival ink, and colored in with squeezed orange ink, cut out and adhered to the tag.

The final touch before adding the sentiment was to stamp the air bubbles in random places all over the tag, accenting each bubble with white gelly roll pen first, and then glossy accents.  The glossy accents still picked up some of the ink color below, so they really look translucent, which I love!

Finally, added the sentiment from the new "Say It How It Is" stamp set (fabulous sassy phrases - I just love them!).  And ran a black paint dabber around the edges lightly to give it a frame.

Hope you liked today's tag... I'll be back tomorrow with tag #2!  Hope you pop by to see it.

~ ellen.

19 comments:

Kyla said...

Fabulous tag, love the colours and Dyan's new stamps.
kyla

Helen said...

Oh, beautiful, Ellen. The new colours are gorgeous (I have them on pre-order!)

Debbie said...

Just gorgeous and those colours are so vibrant.
Dy's new stuff is fab, I am off to her shop in March and will be having the white opaque spray and fishy stamps for sure. Debbiex

thekathrynwheel said...

These look wonderful! Aren't the new colours just fab?!

Martha Richardson said...

It's a gorgeous tag...the colors..the sea creatures but most of all the quote ;) I'm waiting for my order to get here...can't wait!

betjunroe said...

Love anything to do with the ocean and the colors are awesome! The quote is a hoot! Bette

Patti Parrish said...

Total yumminess! MUST HAVE those ink sprays!!! And two of the white please!

Kathi said...

Eek. I love this scene.

Totally fabulous.

So I pinned it.

Lori said...

So cool Ellen! Love what you've done with these new stamps!

Dylan said...

fabby x

Sara Jansen said...

I LOVE everything about this tag - so fun to see the creatures up close and in such beautiful colors...I am so excited to try the new colors, and especially the white out! Can't wait to see what you have for us tomorrow!

Michelle Webb said...

I really love those new stamps Ellen, I'm thinking I have to get the lot! Love your tag, it's gorgeous. Michelle x

Candy C said...

Ellen........this is WONDERFUL! You stinker...I'm jealous that you've already got the NEW Dylusions Ink Sprays! So not fair! haha Love your tag. It's so clever and so much fun to look at. Love the colors and Dy's funny characters. And...the saying...I can just see you flipping your wrist and saying that! haha Love you & hope you're feeling better! <3 Candy

Helen said...

I can see you've been having lots of fun playing with all the new goodies. Really like your underwater world!

Kirsten Alicia Sheridan said...

Gorgeous tag, love the colours & these new stamps are fab, must get them at some point.

Terry said...

That little jellyfish in all her pinkness is quite fabulous indeed. Love the card Ellen!

Bast said...

Elle that is just GORGEOUS! The colors are amazing...love the little creatures! You are soo lucky to have the new goodies already. I will just sit and admire and get inspired while I wait to get my hands on the new sprays and those adorable stamps! TFS

KimMJ
bast830@comcast.net

Anita Houston said...

I need the White Linen...I covet you! How do you already have it??? I want it now!

Gita said...

I came across your blog on pintrest. Been wanting to try Dylusion stamps and get ideas...love this tag! :-) New follower now...