Wednesday, January 30, 2013

New Dylusions - Day 2 - Mischievous Malcolm

Hello again!

Need to keep this brief... my seemingly innocent (by comparison) cough/cold has returned with a vengeance and a high fever, but I waned to share Tag #2 using the new Dylusions stamps and ink sprays.

As I mentioned yesterday, I used the extra ink from Tag #1 to mop up as background for this tag.  I do this quite often, and I call it "twin tags".  Here we go...


On this tag, I used the reverse images of all the stencils I used on day 1, so it is literally the opposite images.  Same colors, same stencils, just used differently.


I stamped the birds from the Bits and Bats set across the page and outlined with my trusted white gelly roll pen.


Then I stamped the body and wings from a prior stamp set, and added this head from the new Mischievous Malcolm set.  Added a hat and colored everything in with funky fuchsia, dirty martini, squeezed orange inks.


Wanted to give "Malcolm" something to stand on, so added a torn bit of a map, with some ants marching up the hill underneath.


Please forgive the brief descriptions today... this is all the energy I've got.... hoping whatever it is will leave as quickly as it came.  Hope you have a great day.  I'll do my best to be back tomorrow with Day 3's tag!  Take care.

~ ellen.

10 comments:

Helen said...

Love how the background colours blend so well, and what a character Malcolm is! Really like the use of the map and the ants too. Hope you are feeling much better soon.

Kirsten Alicia Sheridan said...

Love it! Malcolm looks great. Hope you feel better soon.

Helen said...

Beautiful!! Love the ants, they are so cute climbing the hill! Hope you feel better soon.

betjunroe said...

This is so cute--love the ants! Sounds like a trip to the Dr. is in order for you--hope you feel better soon!

Kaz said...

I love this Ellen, colours are just fantabulous!! Sending some healing love to you hope you shake that cold xxxx

Kaz

Joanne said...

Fabulous again Ellen. I'm going to AFTH at the end of March and can't wait to pick up some goodies.
x

Bast said...

Love the head and those little ants are an adorable touch! TFS and for the inspiration.

KimMJ
bast830@comcast.net

Martha Richardson said...

I love the "twin tags"...I call mine mop tags. Love the new stamps & stencils...hope you feel better soon!

Anita Houston said...

Yay for maps! Love the ants...your mind is a mecca of creative goodness! Totally cute tag...love all the stencil work!

Kathi said...

Totally fabulous.

I adore this one.

I especially love the addition of the map paper and ants as the "ground". Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!