Thursday, January 31, 2013

New Dylusions - Day 3 - White Linen Changes Everything...

Hello again!

I'm feeling a little better than yesterday.  Got a LOT of sleep last night and actually slept until almost 11:00 this morning - unheard of!  But clearly I needed it.  Not 100% yet, but making progress...

Thanks so much for all your awesome comments on Day 1 and Day 2 tags - it means so much to hear your thoughts - I can guarantee, for all of you out there who are looking forward to getting all the new Dylusions products - you will not be disappointed!  Here we go with Day 3's tag...


As soon as I saw the white linen ink spray, I knew that it would change the entire color palette of the existing line of colors, and I was right!  For today's tag, I started with another #12 tag, but this time I used a KRAFT tag.  I started by spraying white linen over the entire tag, and then dried it with a heat tool.  This sets the tone for the entire piece... look at the change in color palette - I used the same calypso teal and dirty martini sprays over the white as I used on Day 1 and Day 2 - hard to believe how different they look, right?


And for comparison - here's Day 1's tag...


The white linen spray absorbs the colors you spray on top, giving it a chalky tone - imagine the possibilities.

Next I stamped the coral border/background stamp across the bottom.  I stamped the images in olive archival ink, and then colored them in with the new cherry pie (red) ink spray.  Once again, it goes on bright but then fads to a chalky finish.  I outlined all the coral with some liquid pearls to give some definition from the background.


Next I stamped the large octopus and several of the "baby" octopi in black archival.  This reminds me of a momma duck and baby ducklings following along behind her.  I added some white accents to all of the legs (geeezzzz, there were a lot of those legs...)  Then stamped the heads again on white card stock, colored them in with calypso teal and a water brush, and adhered them with a pop dot over the images on the tag base for some dimension.


Stamped some additional fish in random places, and some air bubbles which I highlighted with a white pen, and then some white liquid pearls (which also picked up the ink color below, giving them a pearly green finish).

Added the sentiment using foam tape to match the dimension of the octopus heads, and voila! all finished!

You can also mix white linen ink with any of the other ink spray colors for coloring in images with a water brush - your finished result will have a more chalky , semi-opaque look, but it opens up a whole new world of color choices.  Can't wait to play more with it!

I'm back to the sofa... hopefully by this time tomorrow I'll be feeling much better again, and be back to normal.  Still have 4 more tags to share - hope you'll be back!

Stay healthy, take your vitamins, and wash your hands!  Trust me, you do *not* want this "ICK" of a sickness.  'Til tomorrow...

~ ellen.

11 comments:

Anita Houston said...

Crappy that you are still feeling bad...so sorry! This tag is so darn cute...fabby cute! I love the outlining of the Liquid Pearls...bril!

inkypinkycraft said...

soory you are still poorly, this tag is yummy and I love how the white linen has muted the colours to create a new set! trace x

Helen said...

Hope you're fully better soon, but my can you create while sick!! This tag is fab and I can't wait for my new sprays to get to me, lol!!

Helen said...

Great tag, it's hard to believe how muted the colours become, almost magical! Hope I get my hands on some of the new goodies soon! Hope you keep feeling better.

Martha Richardson said...

Glad you are feeling better. I can't wait to get my hands on all the new sprays and stamps! I want them NOW ;)

Martha Richardson said...

Glad you are feeling better. I can't wait to get my hands on all the new sprays and stamps! I want them NOW ;)

betjunroe said...

Love the chalkiness the white linen spray gives to this tag! Added another goodie to my wish list. Glad to hear you're feeling better Ellen! Bette

Bast said...

Sorry to hear you are still feeling so bad...hope you feel better soon!

That tag is beyond cute..love it! Cannot wait to play with the dylusions sprays/stamps/stencils that are coming out. Thanx so much for the tips and the inspiration. :)

KimMJ
bast830@comcast.net

Kirsten Alicia Sheridan said...

Another gorgeous tag, the colours are great, you'd never gues you used kraft card. Glad you're beginning to feel better.

Nan G said...

This is my fave tag! Love the way the white linen tones down the ink colors! While the bright colors are pretty they're just not me. I can now see getting some of this white and then having another play with the Dylusions I have! Thanks!

Debby said...

Your tags are amazing! You created them while you were sick? Wow. Thanks for sharing them with us. I cannot wait to get my new stamps and sprays!