Friday, February 22, 2013

Dylusions Journal Pages

Hi everyone!

Happy Friday!  Boy am I glad it's Friday... my day job has been crazy busy this week... budget meetings, auditors, and people out sick.  PHEW!  I haven't had much time for art this week, but last weekend I had a play day with my best arty girlfriends at The Queens Ink and did some journal pages...

This first page has a scraped paint background with magazine and text collage, with journaling in paint/gel pens.

Dylusions ink spray/stencil background, collage with magazine image and Tim Holtz tissue wrap , journaling with Fude ball pen, border with paint pens.


And this page also has Dylusions ink spray background with hand carved stamps and magazine collage. The journaling was done with Fude ball pen (around the magazine image) and paint/gel pens for the larger words.  I also used my new Dylusions Journaling Block for the journaling, drawing the curvy lines before fitting the journaling into the curves.  FUN!


Hope you've had a good week - Enjoy the weekend!

~ ellen.

11 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

aw, has it been a month already since I was with you? Blimey, where did that go!! Love your pages hun.. missing ya xx

Patti Parrish said...

All fab but even more so in person! Yay to the Artsy pals! Fun stuff!

Melanie said...

I like them all. Nice collors and letters.
Liefs, Melanie

Bast said...

Awesome pages! absolutely love your colorful backgrounds and your lettering is beautiful! The first page is hysterical...Love it! Thanx for sharing and for the inspiration. I feel as if my muse is on an extended vacation :)

KimMJ
bast830@comcast.net

Dianne said...

Fun pages! Those big 'eyeball guys' are too funny...and I Love your lettering!

Jo said...

I thought the page with the eyeballs was pretty clever, as I work a day job like you, and work with eyeballs, and always feel like I'm being watched. hee hee hee.

Helen said...

These are fabulous!!!

Nora said...

WOW!!!! AMAZING! VERY INSPIRING!

Kay Wallace said...

What absolutely FUN-FUN-FUN pages, Ellen! I found my cheeks beginning to hurt from the big smile on my face. I have a complete collection (my term) of Dylusions inks and am having such fun, too! It just makes me happy!

Anita Houston said...

Well all that pent up time made for some FANTASTIC creative mojo jojo!!! WOW!!! Love all 3!!! I can stare for minutes at each! Love your mind workings!!!! Oh those eyes!!!

Candy C said...

Ellen...these are so cool! I love how your art journaling brain works!!! <3 Candy