Friday, February 1, 2013

New Dylusions - Day 4 - Sassy Britches!

I'm baaaaaack!

And feeling another step towards better each day - maybe this Dylusions posting streak is therapeutic?  I've been watching lots of cool movie musicals - including Hairspray and Burlesque...I even heard "someone" (won't say who... but she's just *gorgeous* in every Dylusional way! I'm sure you can guess....) say yesterday that "Hairspray and Dylusions is better for her than any visit to a doctor would be."  I couldn't agree more!

Here we go with Day 4's tag... back to a bright color palette.  Hang on - major tantrum below! LOL!


Isn't that face just adorably, frighteningly awesome!? What a tantrum! I started with another #12 manila tag, this time using 3 ink sprays: cherry pie, squeezed orange, and lemon zest.  Once I got the first layer down, and created a "twin" with another tag (tune in tomorrow!), I picked up the extra bits of ink on my craft sheet (much as you would do with a distress ink technique), for some extra splatters and water marks.


Then I did some stencil spraying, first with the alpha stencil and squeezed orange ink, and then with the dotty flower stencil (again... seems to be a favorite...) - used cherry pie first, then when over it with white linen for that ghosty look again.   On this tag, I spritzed a puddle of the white linen on my craft sheet and picked it up with a wet paint brush, really loading it up, and then splattered white dots over the whole tag in random places.  Then it was time to start stamping...


First I stamped little bits of the swirl background in monarch orange archival ink in random areas on the tag.  Then I used the body from the "Mischievous Malcom" stamp set, but cut off the head and replaced with the screaming tantrum head (my name for that face in melt-down mode). Also stamped out some of the eyeball creatures.  Colored all in with water brush and more inks, cut them out, and added some flower stems by way of the "Inbetweenies" striped border.


Wanted to add some interest at the top and bottom, so stamped the seagrasses from the "Under the Sea" set, and colored them in with dirty martini ink, highlighting with the white gelly roll pen. I  HAD to add that spider... because... well... he's just COOL!  ;)


Added a torn bit of book text, white-washed with some watered down gesso, as a base for my figures, did some outlining with my Stabilo ALL pencil, and added the "sassy britches" sentiment - one of my *favorites* from this release.

Let me know how you like today's tag - still have 3 more to share, and I'm sooo hoping by Day 7 I'll be completely healed and healthy again!  Your comments will help keep me entertained.... got any questions? Please feel free to leave them in a comment, or send me an email - I've got more than usual amount of time on my hands this week... bring it on!

Take care... ~ ellen.

12 comments:

Red Kitty said...

Awesome, love it. That tantrum face is brilliant, would imagine most mums have witnessed this. The background here is lovely, nice and bright for cheering up as we got very dull weather here. Thanks for sharing. Xx

Helen said...

Yes, what a tantrum face, he's letting it rip as we would say! Gorgeous colours.

Helen said...

What a face! That quote says it all really ..... I wonder what the little eyeball creatures are thinking? Really like the lovely bright colours you've used. Look forward to Day 5 :-)

Christen Smith said...

Gorgeous and hilarious! I love these tags.

Debby said...

Love this tag. Really need to get off of the computer and go play with some inks and stamps. Love the colors you used. Hope you get better soon!

Bast said...

Ellen that is an AWESOME Tag! One of my fav sayings from the new set and you did an incredible job with it...Love it! Cannot wait to see what else you have created...still patiently waiting to get my hands on the new Dylusions goodies. :)

KimMJ
bast830@comcast.net

Kay Wallace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kay Wallace said...

I am lovin' Dyan Reaveley, and lovin' what you do with her! Fantastic!

Kirsten Alicia Sheridan said...

That made me laugh out loud, wat a great tag! Glad you're feeling somewhat better.

Ursula said...

Hello Ellen, This is my first post on your blog. I love your tags will be following from now on. I can't wait to get my hands on the new Dylusions colours and stamps, hopefully this week!! White Linen is going to add so many colour possiblities. Thank you for sharing your wonderful art.

Anita Houston said...

Adorable! I so feel like that most days!!! LOL! Love the new images and colors!

Kathi said...

Those movies make one laugh and laughter really IS the best medicine!

Great tag. I love the background and the combination of stamped images. I also love the gessoed text as the "ground".

Cool.