Monday, February 4, 2013

New Dylusions - Day 7 - Trash-To-Treasure Part 2

Hello!

Can't believe we're here at the end (?) of my week of New Dylusions marathon. As I sit writing this up for Monday, I'm watching my Baltimore Ravens play in the Super Bowl!  Now, I'm not *really* that huge a football fan, but when the home team is in the Super Bowl, you gotta get excited!  But I digress...

The last *tag* of our marathon is another in the "trash-to-treasure" style.  Another brayer cleaned up on newsprint for the background...


Ain't she (he?) adorable? I'm undecided on its gender... initially I thought it was a "he", but then it also looks like it is wearing a housedress... so.. maybe a girl?  What do you think??? Anyway... with the background instantly done with the newsprint, I added some borders with my hand-carved stamps.


On the left I stamped my triangle stamp at various heights all the way down the day in black archival ink, and then went over all the different sections with paint pens, black, white and red, plus some access with white gelly roll pen, and some dots around the triangles (not sure I'm in love with the dots, but... )  And around the rest of the tag I used one of my stripey border stamps.  I stamped with Lumiere green metallic paint, and then outlined with a fine line of black, and a fine line of white to get the level of contrast I wanted.


And now for our main feature... I'm gonna go with the masculine approach and say he's wearing a lab coat, like he's a mad scientist (or Uncle Fester? LOL!).  Colored the lab coat in with funky fuchsia and a water brush, calypso teal for his legs and eyes, and cut grass for his boots.


Any mad scientist needs supervision, but this one's been left on his own...who knows what could happen!  Sentiment is perfect for a monster tag.

And there we have it! I'm a little sad that our New Dylusions tag marathon has come to an end, but as I mentioned yesterday... I've been playing this weekend and I've found a new (for me) way to use some of the new Dylusions stamps, so I'll be back again tomorrow for Day #8!

Here's a recap and links to the last 6 tags... (I'll do this again, tomorrow, too.)

  Day 1
  Day 2
  Day 3
  Day 4
  Day 5
  Day 6

Thanks to everyone who's stopped by, left a comment, to those who became new followers along the way, and a special huge thanks to the Queen of Dylusions herself, Dyan Reaveley! I feel so fortunate to be a part of Dyan's Design Team, and couldn't be happier to play with all her unique and wonderful creations.  I hope you've enjoyed the last week and have found some fun ways to use Dylusions in your own art.

See you tomorrow!  GO RAVENS!!!

~ ellen.

10 comments:

Helen said...

Just caught up with Days 6 & 7, your creativity is amazing with newsprint background and handcarved stamps, really inspiring! The possibilities are endless ......

Helen said...

Couldn't get here earlier today (work based computer problems!!) but glad I am here now - great tag, as ever. You must be so happy that Ravens won... even with the power cut! (I was asleep, but heard about it in the middle of the night when i woke for a 'bathroom break'!! and put the radio on)

Bast said...

I have really enjoyed seeing all of your gorgeous creations with the new Dylusions! This last tag is just too cute...love the bold background. Thanx so much for sharing and for the inspiration...time to go and play with my new inks! ;)

KimMJ
bast830@comcast.net

Vickster said...

Really, really appreciate your posts for your marathon. I'm inspired to make some of my own stamps. Enjoy your day...:)

Ursula said...

I have really enjoyed your tag posts. Thank you for sharing your tips and works of art.

Kathi said...

So fun. He makes a great mad scientist.

Anita Houston said...

Shem is adorable!!! Love the brayered background and border. I'm nasty sick...did you give it to me? Hopefully looking at your fab tag will perk me up.

Kirsten Alicia Sheridan said...

Fantastic tag, love the background & he/she looks great.

Juls said...

he he, thats really fun!!! Hugs Juls

Hels Sheridan said...

Pee'd my pants with excitement when the Ravens won, wish I had been there to share that atmosphere in the 'hood! Love old dotty Dorothy... she reminds me of someone lol