Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Ranger Paint Dabbers Meets Dylusions

Hello!

I did another "speed tag" and wanted to share it (click HERE for the first one).  The thing I like best about these tags is the quick way to do a painted background.  I have a LOT of Ranger's paint dabbers, but for some reason I haven't been using them.  I think it's because I always have a hard time with the "dabber" part of dispensing the paint.  So (duh) I decided to just use the paint with an actual paint brush instead.  And guess what... I've rediscovered my *love* for these paints!  The colors are gorgeous, and they retain their color even when thinned with water, and they blend beautifully with each other.... so here goes...


For this tag, I used three colors: watermelon, stream, and lemonade.  I painted up the background, blending each color with the next, and then added some black accents with the edge of my craft scraper and the black paint dabber.


Then I added some of my hand-carved stamps.  I stamped my leaf stamp up the left side with black paint, a texture stamp with lemonade paint, and the circle/swirl stamp in watermelon.  I outlined the leaves with a white gel pen, and went over the swirl stamp with some liquid pearls (ruby red) to add a little texture.


I added some white dots with the end of my paintbrush and some white paint, and outlined them, again with the white gel pen.  And finally.... the feature of the whole tag.... the Dylusions character from the "Monster Mash" set (isn't he so cute?!).  I stamped him on some book text and used my Dylusions inks to color him in, matching the colors as closely as I could, and adding some cross-hatching to his jacket.


Added some of the new dragonfly stamps from Dylusions (also from the Monster Mash set) and another classic Dylusions saying... love this one about mornings... and people... (LOL).

Hope you liked my speed tag.  I've been doing some more painty-style backgrounds on post cards.  They're a nice size (4" x 6") to work with, and it gives me a reason to send more postcards to Jane Davies to save her post office... (WIN-WIN).  I'll be back to share some soon.

'til then... have fun playing!

~ ellen.

9 comments:

Helen said...

What a great tag, I've just bought Monster Mash but haven't really played with it yet. Love the quote too!

Helen said...

Great tag, glad you have rediscovered your dabber-love!

Hels Sheridan said...

looove it, those colours, I would never have thought to put the together... how FAB! BTW... Helen, Helen and...erm... Helen commenting on your blog, spooky!
Miss ya hunny xxx

Cazzy said...

I love your tag, that wording is so clever and I will have to investigate the Dylusions stamps!

Gillian .... said...

This is so cool Ellen, love the stamp & quote and the colours are divine. x

Annie said...

Absolutely stunning Ellen . I must use my dylusions sprays etc soon x

This is so inspiring

TFS

Annie x

Anita Houston said...

No Helen here...lol!!! Love your color, love the stripes and splashes! I too was getting my paints in a bind...not to be confused with panties...bahahahaha...so I started storing them upside down, as in dabber side down so it always stays moist, and now they are always good to go. Works for me anyway. Love your tag!

Kay Wallace said...

Wow, Ellen, not only is your image fun, the "sentiment" rocks! But, I have to admit that your talent in assembling all your colorful elements is what takes first place! Love your blending of the paints!

Tracie Nicole said...

Love your tag .. I so which I can carve stamps