Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Checking In.... and Preparing to Move Out!

Hello!

Wanted to check in and let you all know I'm still here... life is taking some exciting twists and turns, in the form of... we're packing up our house and making lots of repairs and preparations to put our house on the market!  Phew! I always knew I had a lot of stash, but when you have to start packing it up, it really hits home!

We're not planning to move far away, just to a bit bigger house, and hopefully closer to my family, depending on what homes are available.

The hardest part of the process is choosing what stash to leave out and what has to be packed up and taken to storage until we move - ACK!  It's like choosing a favorite child! Impossible!  I've chosen to focus on journaling and painting (including Gelli Plate!), so if you see lots of those type of projects and very little stamping, that's why!  I've packed up ALL my stamps except Dylusions and my hand-carved stamps.  I figure it's a great motivator... if I need a stamp that's packed, I'll have to carve my own version or use something else.

So, in between packing and other moving-related work, I'll still be posting as often as I can, which sadly will be less often than I'd like...

Here's a pic of my (former) studio... now made up to look like it could be a bedroom... (pathetic!)


This is what's left on my work table...


Of course all those lovely drawers are still full of supplies, so I'm not completely deprived... LOL!

'Til next time...

~ ellen.

10 comments:

Martha Richardson said...

Great minds think alike. I'm in the same boat as we are getting ready to put our house on the market. I'm keeping art journaling, gelli plate, delusions...getting rid of paper arts ;)

Patti Parrish said...

Oh, I see I have a nice bed so the next time I'm gelli printing for hours on end, I can just take a nap and refresh for another go at it! I love this studio area, but I'm sure the next one will be bigger and even more fab! I'm a good packer, so just yell if you'd like some help! Hugs.

Hels Sheridan said...

awww, makes me a smidge sad to see your studio not looking like your little haven of artiness... but... it will be worth it when you move and are settled... how is Joe coping with all the packing? Is he helping lol

Lolly said...

Please feel free to come to my house if you're in a need of a stamp or supply that is packed up. I'll be facing a similar situation in about 2 years... and I'm dreading it! Good luck with the sale.

Helen said...

Good luck!! I can't even think about packing up here... eeek!

Yvonne said...

Good luck with the move...I did that a couple of years ago...sadly my craft stuff was as much as the rest of the house combined, wink. Everyone thought I was a nut...I have to say it was good to purge and keep the thinks I really like to work with. Kind of freeing! Can't wait for you to be able to show us your new studio!!! Hugs.

Kyla said...

I am sure it will be worth it, but how frustrating!! I find limiting my stash is like putting my mojo through an energetic zumba class (you dont want to do it, its bloody hard work but worth it)!

kyla

betjunroe said...

Good luck Ellen! I'm sure it will be fun decorating and arranging your new craft room when you move. Bette

Anita Houston said...

It will be nice to have a new studio though...FUN too! Wow...so clean! I'm jealous! Good luck with everything!

Kay Wallace said...

I feel your pain, Ellen...in fact, I feel it every Spring when we (mostly) move from our three-level living in an old New England home to the confines of a travel trailer in New Hampshire. And, you're right in that it is pretty much impossible to chose what art supplies make the cut! I wish you well. Keep focused on the larger quarters ahead of you!