Friday, March 15, 2013

Paint Dabber Postcards

Hello!

I've been promising another round of postcards for Jane Davies' Postcard Project, and here they are!

This time, as I was packing up my stash getting ready to move, I came across these watercolor postcards that I think I've had for about a million years.  They're perfect for this and I'm so glad I found them!


I started out by selecting several colors of Ranger's paint dabbers (Sandal, Pebble, Terra Cotta, Stream, and Cloudy Blue) and put a small puddle of each on my craft sheet.


I painted the backgrounds, did a little collage, some stamping with my hand carved stamps, and then stamped out a sentiment on each one.  I'm in a travel / exploration mood lately, and you know how I love my maps...  Here are the finished results.





They'll be going off to Jane in Vermont today!  If you're interested in checking out the Postcard Project... here's a link to Jane's blog post about it, as well a video showing one way she makes her post cards.  Hope you get a chance to check it out and join in!

I'm spending tomorrow with my fav arty friends so hopefully I'll have some things to share next week.  Have a great weekend!

~ ellen.

9 comments:

Martha Richardson said...

These are fabulous...another project I need to check out! I need MORE TIME to do everything I want ;)

Jane Davies said...

You are AWESOME! Thanks. You inspire me to make more cards.

Martha: take a look at the project, and browse the galleries. It is SO FUN!

Roberta said...

Those are lovely Ellen!

betjunroe said...

Love the cards Ellen! I'm a big fan of maps too and the maps in your cards make me think of a river flowing through the collage. Have a great time with your besties making art! Bette

Kay Wallace said...

First, I love the paint colors you have chosen for this series of postcards!! Some of my favorites! May I ask, how are you sending your postcards to Jane? I just put a stamp on mine and mailed it, but are you putting your cards in an envelope and mailing that?

ellen vargo said...

Hi Kay - Thanks so much. I like those colors too. As for mailing the postcards... I just put a stamp on each one and mail them out. Nothing fancy. I figure 4 post cards should count towards the "volume" going through Jane's post office so I don't want to turn 4 post cards into one envelope.

Anita Houston said...

The whole postal system is now a mess! So cool that you are doing this...hope it works! This postcard is gorgeous! Love the circles and homemade stamps! You need to teach me how to make my own!

Kyla said...

Fabulous postcard and love the colours.

I received my postcard back from Jane this week and posted it on my blog, its such a fabulous idea and hopefully helps save them.

Kyla

Cheryl Grigsby said...

I think YOU are going to have a great weekend!