Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Dylusions Journal Pages

Hello!

My weekend away at Stamp Camp was wonderful, and much needed... I did manage to do some pages in my Dylusions Journal so wanted to share some of them with you...

This first page was just an expression of my night at the theatre with Mom. The background is layers of paint scraped on with an old gift card.   All the bold writing was done with a sharpie paint pen, and the smaller journaling was done with my Fudeball pen.  I collaged some elements from the Playbill onto the page as well.  What a great memory...


This next page just makes me laugh a little.  Sometimes you just want to cut through the negotiations on how to get something done and just say this... out loud... haha...  Once again, background is done by scraping layers of paint onto the page with an old gift card.  Lots of collage elements added, and the border was done with a big Montana paint marker and a white gel pen.


The last page made me giggle, but this one actually made me a little sad.  There's something about this person (is it a man or a woman?) that just spoke to me.  I gave him (her?) a cactus hat with a bird on top, and used my Poetry Prompts to create the journaling, and I promise, I didn't cheat!  I picked 5 pieces from the bag and this is what came out!


This last page was done in my ledger journal.  The background was done with a base of paint, painted on with a baby wipe, then added a layer of stenciling using both paint and Wendy Vecchi's embossing paste (for the chicken wire stencil).  Then I painted the flower using Golden fluid acrylics, outlining and refining the flower with the Fudeball pen and a white gel pen.  Journaling was done with black sharpie paint pen and white gel pen.  Clearly I still had some songs from "Les Miz" running through my head (and I still do!).


Hope you enjoyed the pages.  I have a few more to share, but you'll have to wait.... more to come.

Have an awesome day!

~ ellen.

14 comments:

Helen said...

Glad you had a great break - sounds fun! Love your pages, they are gorgeous.

Martha Richardson said...

Great pages...have fun at Ranger U! Wish I was going ;)

Hels Sheridan said...

faaaabby pages hunny, that one guy in the third one looks like Dee Snider from Twisted Sister... love the floral one muchly, you need to have stamps made in those designs! Have THE BEST time this weekend... will be thinking of you!!! *does happy dance* xx

Kaz said...

Gorgeous as always.....will be thinking of you too....have fun x

Marjie Kemper said...

Fabulous pages! Love the text to form a perch for your gal in #2 and the stenciling on the last one, especially. See ya tomorrow!

Melanie said...

The pages just look so great.
Liefs, Melanie

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous pages, wonderful backgrounds and layers of interest . Wonderful lettering and Imlove the white highlights. Tracy x

Carol McCready said...

Great pages. Love the lettering
on last page.

Kay Wallace said...

These are just fantastic pages, Ellen! I think many artists works are immediately recognizable because they are all pretty much he same...not true at all with your pages. Each takes me to a completely different place and I love it! You inspire me!

sara j said...

LOVE these....

Patrice said...

Les Miz is one of my favorite shows - great inspiration for my art journal!

Linda said...

I loved Les Mis the movie. I bet the show was spectacular! Your pages are all just fabulous!!

Tracy said...

Lovely bright pages! Looks like Les Mis has provided lots of inspiration :)

Kathy, PaperPumpkin said...

I love your pages! The My Way one is awesome!!