Thursday, April 11, 2013

Update on our House Adventures

Hello!

Wanted to pop in and give you all an update on our adventures.  It has been crazy busy around here! Since early February, we have been preparing our house to put it on the market.  Lots of pre-packing, de-cluttering, trips to storage unit, trips to the dump, cleaning, organizing and home improvement projects going on.  Well, on March 30th we put our house on the market!


Just three short days later (really, only two since Easter Sunday was a holiday), we got an offer!  With a few adjustments and a counter offer, the contract was accepted and signed by Friday! Phew! Six days from market to contract!  All our work paid off!

THEN.... that same Friday night, we went to look at a house that had just come on the market.  It's in the area of town that I grew up in, it's close to my mom and my sisters, 15 minutes from work, and seemed to have all the elements we needed, and we knew it would go quickly.


We LOVED it, and submitted our offer the next morning.  By Sunday afternoon, our offer was accepted!  So, in the span of 8 days, we put our house on the market, sold it, and bought another one! WOW!

Many of you have probably seen this on my Facebook page, but just in case... I'll share it here.  This is a picture of my new studio!  Can you stand it?  (I can't believe it!)  Windows, skylights, natural light, and it's just beyond my wildest dreams.  I would've been completely happy with a finished, or even unfinished, basement, but this?  OMG!


This week has been consumed with scheduling inspections, gathering paperwork for the bank, and generally running on adrenaline to get everything turned around quickly, all while trying to keep things under control at my "pay the bills" job.

These are all GOOD issues to have.  Busy, busy, busy, but in the end we will have a new house, in a new location, which will fit our lives so perfectly!

Tomorrow I'll head to work for the day... after work I'm going to my Mom's and we're heading downtown to see "Les Miserables" at the theatre.  This will be the fourth time we've seen Les Mis - it's our all-time favorite show.  Then, I'll take Mom home and drive to my twice-a-year "Stamp Camp"!  I'm so excited to get there because I'll actually have time to CREATE!  And I'll get to see all my lovely art friends.

Then it's back to work next week... and the week after that?  OMG... it's time to head north to New Jersey for Ranger U!

It's been a wildly busy year so far, but so exciting to be working towards so many dreams and seeing them come true!  Sorry I haven't had much to share artistically, but hopefully my weekend away will change that.  Hope everyone is enjoying Spring.

~ ellen.

17 comments:

Yvonne said...

Yay!!! So happy for you! The new house is beautiful! AND YOUR STUDIO is well, WOW!!! An amazing place to be able to create art! Have fun this weekend...always good to be able to get away and make art! Hugs and CONGRATS again!!! Woo HOO!!!

Kaz said...

Oh swoon the studio is AMAZING!!!!huge congrats Ellen! April is your month enjoy Hun xxx so pleased for you xx

Kaz

Moose Ridge said...

how exciting that will be... and closer to everyone and everything on top of it -- less commute = more art time!! (I'm jealous of that...)

Lynne Forsythe said...

That is SOOO BEYOND AWESOME.... What a whirlwind that has been.... And the studio is fantabulous!!!
Congrats!!!

Lynne Forsythe said...

That is SOOO BEYOND AWESOME.... What a whirlwind that has been.... And the studio is fantabulous!!!
Congrats!!!

Shazza said...

How exciting. Love the lol of your old house, not surprised it sold quick. Love the new studio more, tough, lush indeed. X

Helen said...

That was super quick, and your prospective studio looks fabulous!

flutterbycrafter said...

What a fantastic studio, the house sale/buying Webb through at the speed of sound lol x

ElizabethR said...

Wow that would take months over here in the UK. Your new room looks fantastic, all that natural light!! Hels might be claiming "squatters rights" in there lol. Elizabeth x

Kay Wallace said...

Ellen, I am just thrilled for you and your family. I know it was not without stress, but the end result is perfect! And, such a studio--all that space, all that natural light, and with an inspiring view! So happy for you!

Anita Houston said...

Yay you!!!! So happy for you! It's absolutely gorgeous...inside and out! That craft room rocks!!!!

Helen said...

Wow, you have been busy! Your new house looks lovely and as for your studio - lucky you! Hope all goes well and in the meantime, have a great time at Stamp Camp.

Marjie Kemper said...

I'm so excited for you, Ellen! The turn-around on the houses is amazing and your studio looks like a dream space. Can't wait to meet you at Ranger U!

Judy Shea said...

Ellen.. we are in the same boat right now; getting the house ready to sell. Lots of work for sure. I do hope it all goes a fast as yours did.

sara j said...

What wonderful news! So excited for you...the studio space is just flooded with light and space (although I'm sure you will fill that up). Enjoy it all!

Stacy Patterson said...

Hi, It's Ellen's Realtor! I was peeking in to see what Art she has had time to create and I was surprised to see the houses,lol. And yes that has been all so consuming, so thank you all for sharing her with me :-) I am happy to help everyone with their real estate needs, i think Ellen is willing to share me!

ellen vargo said...

For anyone in the area that is looking for a realtor, we would *highly* recommend Stacy. She has done an amazing job for us!