Friday, July 19, 2013

The Studio is DONE!

Hello!

Drumroll, please! The studio is finally done!  Well, OK... it might not *ever* be really, really done, but it's ready for ART!  I'll dispense with details of unpacking, other than to say that I couldn't have done it without a LOT of help from my niece Lauren... she (like me) loves organizing and sorting things and making them look nice, so we were a perfect team.... here's the results...

I'll start from the entrance and work around the room counterclockwise... then show some closer shots.

triple desks... GALANT from IKEA with ALEX drawers underneath.  It has been so humid here, all the windows are steamed up early in the morning.

straight ahead from the entrance, sliding doors to the back yard.

space under that window is being saved for my mom's sewing machine.

My wall of inspiration.  All art made by me.  As I make more things I'll change it up.

bookcases filled with stamps, journals, things to alter, fibers, books, etc.


The British Wall... British phone booth, art made by British friends (OK most of it is Hels', but there's a Lin Brown metal piece in there too...)  And there's my cat, Joe... he's become a studio cat.  I'm coming to terms with cat hair on the seats of all my chairs... I think I'm fighting a losing battle. LOL.

And what I consider a British train platform style clock.  Love that it says "Paddington Station" on it.

Paper, canvas, sketchpad, scrapbook storage

Long view of the desks from the far end... the first desk has all my painty, gelli pad supplies so I've got a stack of newsprint ready to go...

Distress Station... inks, stains, paints, markers, blending tools, and all my "Really Useful Boxes" stacked on the window sill.  Lauren took the price sticker off of EVERY ONE of them.  I tell you, she's all about the details.  Love her. Was working on something last night which you can see on the desk.

Corner wrap-around desk

Other side of the wrap-around.  This is the journaling area, with all my ink sprays, journals, etc.  Plus my vintage typewriter ready to go for journalling.

Closer shot of the wall of inspiration.

Close up on book cases - journals, books, fibers in the white boxes, embossing powders, perfect pearls etc. in the Tim Holtz tins on top shelf.

Close up on distress stain / paint storage.  It's an old Coca-Cola crate - have had this for  *years* and finally figured this out. Love it!  Need another one for perfect pearl mists...

And another old Pepsi crate for all my Dylusions ink sprays.

We've been buying these tiny little jars of apple juice, shaped like an apple, and they're so cute I can't get rid of them.  I'm thinking of filling them with different beads of other small embellishments.

aren't they adorable?
And back to the beginning... (note the boxes on the OTHER side of the door... we're still not quite 100% finished settling in, but we're almost there!)
Hope you enjoyed the studio tour!  Now that it's ready I'm hoping to get back to MAKING ART and blogging more regularly... trying to jump-start my mojo - he's been suppressed for so long I think he's out of shape.

Hope you all have a great weekend.  See you soon!

~ ellen.

22 comments:

Yours Artfully said...

Wow Ellen, what an amzing work space you've created, it's light andextremely spacious, you're going to have sooooo many happy hours working in there and I love that clock!!!!

Lin x

Karenliz said...

Gorgeous space! Amazing. I'm so happy for you. That is a dream come true for sure!

Martha Richardson said...

Can I come and live in your room??? It is fabulous Ellen...just fabulous!

Cheryl Grigsby said...

What a beautiful space for you, Ellen. I love all the natural light you'll have. Is that picture on your inspiration wall your dad?

Lori said...

I'm not too jealous...lol.. what a wonderful space! I have a Coca Cola crate too, I'm using it for distress ink pads, but I'm liking your idea more! lol. Lots of good ideas!

Melanie said...

That looks so greay. Have fun creating in your new room.
Liefs, Melanie

Helen said...

I am moving in..... It looks fabulous - love every bit of it. You are SO lucky having such a huge space and it's so well laid out. The apple jars are adorable, the clock is wonderful. Well done you and Lauren for sorting it out.

Candy C said...

Wow Ellen! Now you just need the Airport Girls there to fill up those chairs! haha What a fabulous place to play. I'm so happy for you!!! <3 Candy

Kathy Eddy said...

Wow! What an amazing art place! Can you come over and re-do my studio? LOL It's gorgeous!

Anita Houston said...

It's AWESOME Ellen...so AWESOME! Love the Pepsi crate idea! Love the apple juice jars! Love the British items too! Very AWESOME organization! Bless that niece!

ElizabethR said...

Wowzer it looks fabulous and well worth the wait!looking forward to seeing you blogging more again, happy new workroom Elizabeth x

thekathrynwheel said...

Amazing Ellen! What a fabulous space to create in :-)

Ursula said...

WOW!!! What an amazing studio. So well organized, so much natural light and soooo spacious! I absolutely love it! Well done to you and Lauren. Wishing you endless hours of happy play time :)

Marjie Kemper said...

What a fantastic space! I am thrilled for you, Ellen. May you have many happy years creating in your gorgeous new studio!

Minxy said...

What a light airy open fabulous space.. I love your british wall xo

Hels Sheridan said...

Late to the party as usual babes but.. OMG.... this is AWESOME... seriously, I love what you have done with the space and it looks VERY inviting.... can't wait to see it IRL... SOON!!! xxx

Kay Wallace said...

Ellen, I just cannot convey to you how very happy I am for you! You have waited a long time for this, and it is so very beautiful! Congratulations!

whyducks said...

My jaw just hit the ground I was so gob smacked by the beautiful, stunning,amazing,brilliant new workshop! Just Wow, Wow Wow! Enjoy, well how could you not enjoy such a lovely new room!

sara j said...

It's a thing of true beauty....so much space and so well organized. Love the inspriation wall...and the British wall!! Looks amazing!

Annette Green said...

Ellen, I've been thinking about you lately as my creative space gets smaller and smaller with all the stuff I have, wondering how your new room is coming along. So I finally came here to your blog to check. I can't tell you how JEALOUS I am of all that fantastic space you have and how organized you are. It looks great! And all those wonderful windows and natural light. Wow. It really makes me want to come and visit and create with you. And those little Martinelli's bottles are super cute. I used to save them too, then finally let go of them. Wish I hadn't. I know you'll put them to good storage use. Congrats to you on your beautiful haven.

Caz said...

Absolutely gorgeous and sooooo tidy! Makes my room look like a tip and it's actually quite tidy at the moment!!
Enjoy creating in your new 'space@ !
Hugs
Caz

viennaville said...

Now that's a room!!!!! I can only dream of such a space, its amazing i'm SO jealous. Enjoy it.