Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Vintage Finds... Antique Shopping

Hello!

Jack and I had a lovely day out on Sunday.  We drove about an hour to our favorite antique store in Havre de Grace, MD.  It is an old Canning Company which has been turned into an antique mall with *hundreds* of stalls for browsing. I managed to find some wonderful treasures!

First up, a jar of old keys... I do *love* keys!


Next up, we came across a box full of antique book covers! Nothing but book covers from damaged books.  SCORE!  Some of them are matched pairs, and some are singles, but they are gorgeous one and all!



And, last but not least... remember I said I needed another old soda crate for storing my perfect pearl mists?  I found one!  And this one is a tiny bit bigger than the others, with only 12 compartments, so you can fit more in each one.  I love it!


But the best part is that now all three crates are lined up on my work desk.... everything at my fingertips.


It was a wonderful day out - we always find such interesting things!  If you're ever in the area, here's a link to some more information.  http://www.panoramio.com/photo/82912824

'til next time...

~ ellen.

12 comments:

Annette Green said...

TOTAL SCORE! How fun. My hubby and I are going antiquing in Lakeland in a few weeks. Can't wait. Hope to be as lucky as you were. Thanks for sharing.

Helen said...

I am going to sulk!! Love all your finds...

Ali H said...

I love how your crates look all lined up with their colourful stash ! An artwork in themselves ! Ali x

Ali H said...

Oh sorry me again - just read your Finnabair inspired blogpost - I have a class booked with her at the end of November - I am so excited ! And I shall be thrilled if anything I make is half as lovely as yours ! Ali x

Kyla said...

Oh love your finds....but those crates are brilliant.
Kyla

Anita Houston said...

Score!!! Great new loot!

whyducks said...

Wow how wonderful, my favorite being the soda crates! Boy could I do with those little beauties! Well found.

Kay Wallace said...

Just super finds! I can just picture them in your beautiful new studio! What an inspiration!

Rabia Riaz said...

These ideas are really amazing.decorative ice creamI really learn a lot.

Marjie Kemper said...

SCORE! Looks like the perfect crate for your needs. And I see you've got the Silkz bug too... love those!

Patti Parrish said...

OMG! I'm dying over here! What awesome stuff!!!

Primitive Seasons said...

I'm gasping at your finds and at the info....I live in Forest Hill, about half an hour from HdG. I will have to check this out. Had no idea! Are you in MD or DE or PA? I just can't believe this.............!!!

Mary