Friday, November 1, 2013

Abstract Layers

Hello again!

Yes, I've got another abstract series to share, but this one is a little bit different.  I started with the brayered background, but then did some brush painting on top as well.  I was trying for a specific, layered look... it didn't turn out exactly like I pictured in my head, but... nothing ventured, right?

Supplies:

* 12 x 12 card stock
* 3" brayer
* paint brushes
* hand made collage papers
* hand carved stamps
* found stamps
* white gel pen





Hope you have a great weekend!

~ ellen.

3 comments:

Krisha said...

I really like this! Funny how our hands just can't always produce what the mind's eye sees.

whyducks said...

Wow! love this and good choice of colours.

Kay Wallace said...

Love the bits of orangey red, Ellen! I totally understand seeing something and beginning, and it not at all ends up as you pictured. But, still, you have ended up with another beautiful series of abstracts! Love the layering...that was successful!!