Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Brave Girls Club - Truth Cards

Hello!

Sorry it's been a few weeks since my last post.  Thanksgiving threw me off track, but I've been busy doing more abstract work!  I love doing large pieces (12 x 12 or 8.5 x 11) and then cutting them down to smaller sizes, and when I learned about the Brave Girls Club and their Truth Cards project, I just knew I had to contribute to this amazing effort.  Click HERE to see what they are up to and *please* join in!  They have a free "pdf" kit available for download.

Continuing with my love of the abstract, I created a couple of 12 x 12 master sheets by placing drips/drops of several colors of Golden's fluid acrylics all over the page, spraying generously with water, and then placing another 12 x 12 sheet on top and rubbing them together.  When I peeled away the top sheet, I got two gorgeous sheets of bright color!


I cut down each sheet to ATC size (2.5" x 3.5"), printed out all the pages of the quotes & sayings download from the Truth Cards kit and added sayings to each card with some white glue.


I outlined each text strip with a black ball-point pen...


... and then outlined each ATC card with a black Sharpie paint pen.  It gives a nice glossy black border that finishes the cards nicely.


I may add a few more embellishments to some of the cards, but I think some of them are just fine as is.  Perhaps some doodling around the edges or small embellishment to fill some blank space ....


I've got a BIG stack of ATC's ready to fill with more encouraging words to be sent off as Truth Cards, so you'll likely see more of these over time.  In fact I may just dedicate one day a week to this effort... Truth Card Tuesdays?  Hmmmm....


I hope you find a way to participate in the Truth Card project - I just love the idea that these simple, yet powerful, greetings may help someone who has experienced horrible trials in life.


Back soon with more... I'm back to watching the snow fall... so pretty!  Check my Facebook (Ellen Smith Vargo) for pix.

~ ellen.

9 comments:

donna walsh said...

Love them Brave Girl.....

Helen said...

Gorgeous Ellen - such fabulous backgrounds, love the bright colours.

Kay Wallace said...

Absolutely love these encouraging words!

Hels Sheridan said...

fabulous and inspirational cards hun, love that schlooopy effect x

Julie Ann Lee said...

Gorgeous, vivid backgrounds! The words are just great too! What a wonderful idea this is! Julie Ann xx

Patti Parrish said...

These are gorgeous Ellen.

Miranda said...

Wonderful card so colourful and the quotes are very inspirational

Michelle Webb said...

What a great idea, wonderful inspiring words too. Have a fab Christmas. Michelle x

beauty2makeup said...

These are beautiful Ellen. I love Brave Girls Club and was looking for their quotes to do just this. I'm donating to a Women's Shelter and thought something like this would be perfect.

I couldn't find the Truth Card quotes on the BGC website so thank you so much for posting these and the link to their .pdf. And your inspiration.

YOU Are Amazing, Beautiful Girl!

XOXO