Tuesday, March 25, 2014

ATC's from Manila File Folder

Hello!

I've been at it again, making ATC's, building up my stash.  Good news on that front - my program proposal at work has gotten preliminary approval!  So He[Art] Cards is looking good!  All these ATC's will eventually get messages of encouragement and be given to people who have seen some bumps on the road of life.  Fingers crossed that it gets the final green light soon.

This set of ATC's started as another altered file folder, but it just got too busy and detailed so I decided to turn it into ATC's instead, and BOY - a whole folder makes a lot of ATC's!  Here's a small group of them...


I started by painting the entire folder with distress paints and then used the "Scales" stencil by Finnabair to create a pattern over the entire background.  Then I added lots of collage papers - dictionary papers as well as painted stamped collage papers - and of course some stamping using my Eclectica stamps with PaperArtsy - see links on the "My Stamps" page.  I used stamps from EEV01, EEV02 and EEV03.

Here are some close ups:









Hope your week is off to a good start.  See you soon!

~ ellen.

7 comments:

chris'nlinda said...

Love this Ellen. Inspired me to use up an old Manila folio I've had for ages. Got to buy your stamps! Chris x

sally said...

Almost time for me to head back to mycraftroom in Scotland where I look forward to following your lead and making some arty ATCs :-) I do find these posts very inspiring....

Sally

Helen said...

your atc stash is certainly growing!

Candy C said...

Ellen, your ATCs are brilliant! I mean...the colors are obviously b right and bold ... but the idea behind them is also brilliant! I love your mix of patterns and text mixed in among all of the pattern. I also love that they are matted on black. That makes the colors pop even more! <3 Candy

sam21ski said...

These look fab, love all the bright colour combos

Sam xxx

Kirsten Alicia Sheridan said...

Hi Ellen, they look amazing, the colours are gorgeous - matting the ATCs on black card really makes the colours stand out. I won a set of stamps on the PA blog on Sunday, so I chose one of your sets, can't wait for it to arrive.

whyducks said...

Lovely!