Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Fresco BOLD File Folder

Hello!

I've been enjoying altering manila file folders, and have another to share today.  Last week's folder was that 'fresco-chic' color palette with very soft muted colors.  This week is the other end of the spectrum... BOLD colors.  It's a little crazy/busy, but I love it!  And the whole point of this is to bring some ART into my day job...  

Supplies used: Fresco Finish Chalk Paints, Brayer, book text and magazine collage papers, Eclectica Ellen Vargo stamps (EEV01 and EEV02), PaperArtsy Words Plate 2 stamp, found stamps (jar lid, credit card), black and white paint pens.

My stamps are available for ordering at several on-line stores in the U.K. (PaperArtsy, Stamp Attic and others) The big news is that they are also available here in the U.S. at Simon Says Stamp.  Links to each stamp set are on my sidebar --->>>

Here's the front...


... and the back...


And here's some close-ups so you can see some of the details... I am seriously addicted to dotty textures... white paint dot with a black dot in the middle, OR.... black paint dot with a white dot in the middle... I love it!



I used the old credit card to scrape paint in one direction, creating little peaks that remind me of an earthquake meter or a heart monitor (or a mountain range, or a cityscape... possibilities are endless). 


You can barely see the scratchy triangle from EEV02 in the pic below.  It was one of those "let's just try it" moments - probably would have skipped it based on the result, but hey, more texture is always good.




I'm building up quite a collection - I have one more folder to share next week and then I'll have to start making more!  Who knows, maybe I'll become an office supply designer... LOL!  (Hey... it could happen, hmmmmm....)  

I'll be back tomorrow with an abstract collage piece.  See you then!

~ ellen.

9 comments:

Hazel Agnew said...

Zingy folders to brighten up our lives is good. Fab colour combo and your stamps look GREAT. X

Helen said...

they look amazing! Bet your office looks cheery now. love those goggle eyed looking dots!!

whyducks said...

Beautiful

annekescardart said...

I love the details and the colors. Anneke. www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

Susan said...

Fun file folder! Love the bold colors and designs, especially the dots! So glad your stamps are now available in the US.

Kezzy said...

Wow wow absolutely awesome folder. I love the bold colours, you use frescos so well, you manage to get the translucents to give such depth and different colours. I really wish I knew what you had used lol. Your work is amazing :-) Kezzy xxx

Marjie Kemper said...

Love this, Ellen! I've bought a number of 'fancy folders' in my day.... I really think you're onto something here! And you've definitely inspired me to pull out my paints and dress up some of my own.

Kirsten Alicia Sheridan said...

Fantastic! I love how you build up such great layers.

sally said...

Wow, Ellen -- I am becoming an E.V. junkie!!! Your stamps and colours are just wonderful -- can't wait to get my hands on them when I'm at Version Scrap in Paris at the beginning of April. Your projects are so inspiring -- I just want to get hold of your new stamps and use them with all my Paper Artsy paints (plus the new colours which have just been issued and which I HAVE to buy asap!).
Am following you closely . . .
Thanks so much for showing us all your gorgeous art.
Greetings from Sally in France.