Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Three Flower Canvases

Hi everyone,

I've been fortunate to have the opportunity to attend some local Paint Nite events, as well as a similar event hosted by a good friend of mine, and I've *really* loved trying my hand at painting, so wanted to give it a go on my own.

I've done a bit of sketching over the past couple of years so I based my paintings on some flowers I've sketched that came out in a way I was happy with.  I did three paintings, all in one day - just wanted to DO IT without thinking too much.  After all - it's just paint - what's the worst that could happen?  That's why God made gesso, right?!?  Anyway... here they are... I used Liquitex Basics paints for all three paintings, with black pen work for outlining.

First up, a sunburst trio of flowers...




 Next up... multiple flowers in a magenta color scheme...




And, lastly, a solo flower in the same magenta color scheme.



I had fun practicing with these paintings and hope to do some more!  Hope you enjoyed... I'm no Picasso, but I'm pretty happy with them!  See you soon.

~ ellen.

10 comments:

Artfully challenged said...

Absolutely stunning,the colours really pop and jump right at you,love it and hope you are going to do and show some more!

Donna.x

Jules Bettinson said...

wow! all three pieces are great. But I really love the texture from the brush stokes in the sunburst trio of flowers one. The flowers really stand out against the blue background. Great job :)

sam21ski said...

Wow these look stunning and love you choice of colours - gorgeous xxx

Patti Parrish said...

Yummy but I'd expect no less! Love the colors and that turquoise worked into the background of the second one. And of course love the white dots added to the background. Nice touch.

Connie Byrnes said...

Wonderful work!! You need to do a paint nite. I would love to come to one of yours.

Helen said...

Brilliant trio of canvases, and such gorgeous colours!!

Ruth said...

Think they are all absolutely beautiful, colours, style of flower and of course the white dots. Gorgeous

PammyPoo said...

OMG!!!!!! ELLEN< these are beautiful!!! Love them all--not just saying--really love them! You have such a good eye----and hand!!!! My mind sees one thing and my hand does something totally different. There is a break in the connection somewhere!

Hels Sheridan said...

AWESOME... I love the single one the best... they are just so *YOU*.... amazing x

isisimaginings.com said...

Ellen, they are GORGEOUS!!!! The colours are amazing. I think he first one might be my favourite, but I love them all.