Friday, May 16, 2014

Worlds Collide: Art + Work

Hello!

Happy Friday!  A few weeks ago I did a major re-organization, purge and re-claiming of my office at work.  After six years, I had accumulated a lot of "stuff" that I just didn't need cluttering up my space, and my head, so I finally took the time to do something about it.  Part of the re-claiming process was bringing in some fresh ART to the office so I thought you might like to see...

I don't have any "before" pix, but here's the results... one of my main goals was to bring in new lighting - no more fluorescent overhead lights... YAY!


Recognize that orange piece in the center of the wall?  One of my PA projects has a new home at my office.  I've kept work and art separate for so long... it feels really good to have some of my art with me while I'm at the day job...



And see those folders on the credenza?  I've got a whole collection of my altered manila file folders now being put to good use!  Remember this one?



And these...


Here's a closer shot of the wall art... The two framed pieces are: watercolor sketch I made about a year ago and finally framed... and an abstract piece I did using my new PA stamps...


And.. more lighting... I got this awesome paper lantern at IKEA and it gives such a lovely soft *glow* to the office.  Now people come in to my office and they feel like they're at the spa! Sometimes they don't want to leave!  LOL!


Hope you enjoyed this little peek into my work life... have an awesome weekend and hope you get some creative time.  See you soon!

~ ellen.

9 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

aw makes me happy to see your office... tfs... loving the lamp and the arty wall x

whyducks said...

looks great!

Helen said...

Great place to work - well great space, anyhow. Love the wall of your artwork, how wonderful to be able to display it at work where you presumably spend so much of your time!

PaperArtsy Rubber Stamps said...

Fantastic space ellen! Looks like a lovely place to work in!

massofhair said...

Much prefer a warm lower light in my room and good task lighting. Your room looks very inviting and comfortable you have done a wonderful job. Lovely to see your own ArTwork on your walls.

Thanks for sharing your space:-) xxx

isisimaginings.com said...

Your office s going to be the most popular room in the building! It looks amazing & your art is stunning.

FarStarr said...

Thanks for the peek! I need to purge my cubicle at work too. I'm guessing my work-life will be happier if I use prettier folders too. Maybe I'll use my new Ellen Vargo rubber stamps on some plain old file folders today! Thank you so much for my prize. They are awesome!

PaperArtsy Rubber Stamps said...

This art studio looks suspiciously like the one of an accountant. It's as tidy as an excel spreadsheet. Hehe...
Mr_PaperArtsy

CeeCee said...

your office looks so serene. I love love love the folders idea... going to my stash now. thank you for the inspiration.