Monday, July 14, 2014

Art Journal Page - Plant Your Own Garden

Hello!

Wanted to share a recent page I did in my ledger journal.  I used Dina Wakley MEDIA paints, some hand carved stamps, a few of my stamps from PaperArtsy (EEV05 and EEV06) a few stencils, a little collage, and some flowers drawn with a Stabilo ALL pencil.

Here's the finished background... lots of layers!


And here's the finished page.  I like the simple drawn flowers, colored in with white paint when done to make them "pop" against the vibrant background.


Just a quick share today.  Have a great week!

~ ellen.

11 comments:

Artfully challenged said...

Wonderful work Ellen,I really love the vibrant colours and that sentiment is just gorgeous too :)

Hugs
Donna xx

Krisha said...

WOW Ellen! This is a fantastic page. LOVE the hand drawn flowers and the way you made them really pop on the pages, and the sentiment is perfect!

Mary Brack said...

Beautiful page! I love your backgrounds! I'm sure you have a great time making them!

Helen said...

Fabulous page, Ellen. Love those bright colours. Something else for my must have list...

craftytrog said...

Great inspiration Ellen, I love the colours & flowers!
Alison xxx

isisimaginings.com said...

Gorgeous page, I love all the layers & the colours are beautiful.

Kate Cannon said...

Beautiful page, love the colors

Susan Carol said...

Love your page. Love the backround and those flowers are wonderful.

Carmen Whitehead said...

Love your page and the words, great job!

Cathy L. Calamas said...

Lovely page and great background colors. The flowers do pop! Here from Julie FFB's blog.

Marjie Kemper said...

What a beauty!! So rich and vibrant.