Hels and I had a nice long Skype last weekend and we decided it was high time to do another "I Challenge Thee" / recipe challenge. We realized it has been *months* since our last play date, and that's just... well... wrong!
Rather than over-complicate things with a detailed recipe, we decided to go back to the beautiful woman who brought us together back in 2010... THE Wendy Vecchi! So over the next couple of months, Hels and I will be working on a book project, doing a few pages each month and ending things with some book covers. Today is the kick-off and I'll be showing you my first page. Here's a sneak peek:
I started by figuring out what book covers I wanted to use, since that would determine the size of each page. This page is 5" x 7" and I'll be using manila file folders as my card-base for each page.
To begin, I created a painty background using distress paints. I started by scraping mustard seed, squeezed lemonade, and crushed olive distress paints vertically down the length of my page.
Then I added my first layer of stamping with this leaf stamp and peeled paint distress paint.
One of my all-time favorite Wendy stamps, and all-time favorite script stamps, is this amazing script background stamp. I used Wendy's potting soil archival ink to stamp all over the page, right over the leaf stamping (you really can't tell which came first).
Here's the background...
Wendy's embossing paste is my *favorite* of all the various texture and embossing pastes on the market, so I had to add some texture. I chose a stencil by Finnabair and the white embossing paste to add a little bit of texture around the edges.
Now it's time to make some Wendy flowers... I used two sizes of the script flower, and stamped them out on some scraped paint paper I made with these distress paints: picket fence, spiced marmalade, ripe persimmon, and festive berries. Once they were stamped, I cut them out and layered them together, over lapping one petal on each size to create some dimension.
I added some flower stamping at the bottom of the page using black archival ink, and then chose a Wendy sentiment to use. The "rules to live by" stamp has always been an oldie but a goodie, so that was an easy choice.
All that was left was to glue down the flower, add a center (a rusty jingle bell I found in my stash), and Voila! A finished page...
Hope you enjoyed following along on my flashback to Wendy stamps. I just *adore* them and it felt really great to re-visit these lovelies... hope you have a wonderful Sunday... OH! This is also part of Hels' Sunday Stamper series... be sure to go check out her page HERE.
See you soon!