Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Altered Manila Folder

Hello!

A few months ago I altered a whole collection of manila office folders to bring some of my artsy life into my work life.  Click HERE, HERE, HERE, or HERE to see some of my prior folders.  I had a need for a new folder at work and realized that all my "pretty" folders had been used up, so I decided to make another one.  I'll be slowly building up another collection over the coming weeks and months.


This folder has a background painted solely with a brayer, with several layers of color.  The ultimate background turned out to have a definite Fall/Autumn color scheme.  I used two of my PaperArtsy stamps (washer stamp and mini scratchy circle) as well as two stamps from my "had them for AGES" collection (both from Stampin' Up! Sanded scratchy background, and the sketchy leaf/flower stamp).

  
I decided not to stamp the leaf/flowers on the back of the folder, since it would rarely be seen.  Here's a few close ups.


Once I stamped the leaf/flower stamp across the front of the folder, I extended the stems with a fine-tip black pen, and then painted in each leaf with an off-white paint.  This provides a nice contrast with the background.  But then I did something very unusual (for me)... I added Stickles!  I'm not usually a glitter kind of gal, but for some reason a little hint of sparkle sounded just right for this folder.


Hope you like the folder - I had fun making it, and you'll be seeing more soon!  Have a great day.

~ ellen.

6 comments:

Helen said...

Fabulous, love the colours and, well, just about everything!

Kirsten Alicia Sheridan said...

Simply gorgeous. I love the background & that leaf image is great.

Wanda Hentges said...

It's beautiful, Ellen!!!!

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous! So lovely to take your artyness to work too! xx

Marjie Kemper said...

Love it! I need to start a new collection of folders too - funny how much I love using my painted ones!

Carol said...

Yummy x