Monday, April 10, 2017

Concord and 9th - One Layer Challenge

Hello!

Today I'm joining in with the "Where Creativity Meets C9 Challenge", which is the Concord & 9th Challenge Blog.  This week's challenge is to make a (mostly) one layer card.


I discovered Concord & 9th a few months ago through Jennifer McGuire's blog and their stamps and dies are so innovative!  I've had this awesome "Hello Lovely" stamp set (available HERE) for a couple months but haven't shared it here in blog land yet, so today is the perfect opportunity.

I stamped the floral outline image with Versafine Black Onyx ink and then used distress inks with a water brush to watercolor the image.  Then stamped the Hello sentiment and the stamped splatters with the same black onyx ink for a nice crisp image.  I added some white dots to the flower center with my white Signo gel pen.


Then I mounted the panel on to a matching card base for a lovely (mostly) one-layer card!

This stamp set comes with these awesome mid-and half-tone stamps that match the flowers and leaves and they create this faux-watercolor look... very cool.  Haven't tried that, yet, but it's on my list!



Hope you enjoyed today's card - and if you're up for a challenge, why not join in this week's fun, and have a chance at winning a $25 gift card to Concord & 9th!  Click HERE to join in the challenge.

Thanks for stopping by!

~ ellen

4 comments:

Karen B. said...

Your coloring is absolutely amazing, wow! Thanks for playing along with the Where Creativity Meets C9 Challenge!

Rosemary said...

beautiful card!!

Lisa said...

Oh! I love this. It's colored beautifully. I have to try those additional stamps in the set too. :) Thanks for joining us at Where Creativity Meets C9!

Melissa said...

So beautiful! Your coloring is just stunning. So happy you joined us in the Where Creativity Meets C9 one layer challenge!