When Hels came to visit in October, we did some shopping at Michael's and found some awesome crystal flower vines by Recollections. We both thought they would be perfect in a Studio 490 Art Parts base, so last week I decided to try it.
I started with an art parts flower, two circle bases, and a tube, and covered each part with paper from Basic Grey's "Out of Print" collection, sanding the edges and distressing with vintage photo ink. I added this beaded trim which I've had for quite a while, some bark ribbon trim over top, and some bead chain around the perimeter. Here's a close up.
Then I started working on the crystal flowers. There are two separate sprays of flowers, and both of them came with clear crystals, which I decided to dye with alcohol inks. I used, lettuce, stream, wild plum, and butterscotch.
I also had some garden stakes that I painted black. The garden stake idea came directly from a class I took with Wendy Vecchi last year - I was able to find some so wanted to use them again! They came with copper sheeting for writing on, which I distressed by banging with a hammer for some texture, adding some juniper paint dabber, and stamping "Imagine" (Studio 490) with jet black archival ink. Added some idea-ology: a bulldog clip and a philosophy tag (also altered with juniper paint dabber), and a game spinner.
Hope you have some time to play with Art Parts - the possibilities are endless and I'm having fun exploring different combinations of products with them.
Hope you're having a good week - see you soon!